Labels

Tuesday, 5 April 2011

The day when she rediscovers poetry...

William Blake wrote:

O Rose, thou art sick!
The invisible worm,
That flies in the night,
In the howling storm,

Has found out thy bed
Of crimson joy;
And his dark secret love
Does thy life destroy. 


So its about the corrupton of innocence... Im sensing the theme of sex and decay. Glorious evening time reading. Im now thinking of reading T S Elliots stuff again, not because I was remotely intererested in him, but I was mildly facinated in his wife Vivienne, who led an extrodinary life.

If your interested -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivienne_Haigh-Wood

Most noteble quote which says it all "Vivienne ruined Tom as a man, but she made him as a poet."


2 comments:

  1. Good afternoon CM

    been following your blog, although most of the stuff is well beyond me, its all intresting, keep it up!

    ihrme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow someone reads it then!!! Hurrah. New blog on its way, so busy this week I have neglected my poor blog. Anyway glad your finding it interesting.

    ReplyDelete