Labels

Sunday, 3 April 2011

The line the cross and the curve

As the mood took me, I was watching the music video for "The Red Shoes" by Kate Bush.
In this tale, Bush plays a frustrated singer-dancer who is enticed by a mysterious woman (Miranda Richardson-If you ever watched the Black Adder series you would know exacty who she is- and the Frida Kahlo inspired monobrow) into putting on a pair of magical ballet slippers. Once on her feet, the shoes start dancing on their own, and Bush's character must battle Richardson's character to free herself from the spell of the shoes. It left me thinking how much more we might do if people interfered in our lives more. The role perhaps of the devils advocate, an usurper, a mentor or just a plain old interferer.

Bushs character was fighting for her life in the video but in her eyes you could see she had never felt so alive as her ordeal (or rather tricked into by Miss Monobrow) had made her dance harder then she had ever danced before.

Take a look at these lyrics:

And this curve, is your smile
And this cross, is your heart
And this line, is your path


I think we need more people to put us on the path. Havent we become too dull, too eager to live the safe life. To not risk danger, to live in our little boxes that we pay dilligently for each month until we slip into the smallest boxes of all?

I want a Miranda....make me do something I havent done before, offer me a dance with the devil or an offer I cant refuse...

There simply has to be more then work, my home and world of warcraft...LOL

and if intrerested this is the link to the video that inspired my blog post today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9_UsAlu9K0

No comments:

Post a Comment